HYMOVIS® High Molecular Weight Viscoelastic Hyaluronan
HYMOVIS® has a unique molecular structure that is different from all other intra-articular hyaluronic acids
- Enhanced biomechanical properties*
- A hydrogel with greater viscosity, elasticity, and joint residence time
- Increased joint lubrication with reduced friction
- Withstands repeated mechanical stress
- Molecular modification increases viscoelasticity resulting in a hyaluronic acid (HA) similar to knee joint synovial fluid1,2,5
Structure recovery even under repeated mechanical stress
Unlike chemically cross-linked HAs, HYMOVIS shows greater recovery of structure and elasticity following repeated mechanical stress.
- Following repeated stress, the structure of HYMOVIS stabilizes due to the reversible hydrophobic interactions of the amide-containing alkyl side chains4
Increased joint lubrication with reduced friction
- In a recent study conducted at Cornell University3:
- HYMOVIS® had a lower friction coefficient and, therefore, better viscous lubricating properties than either saline or another viscous HA, across varying conditions that mimic joint load and movement
- HYMOVIS had the highest viscosity versus comparators
HYMOVIS® In Action
Long-lasting efficacy in a convenient 2-dose regimen
- HYMOVIS demonstrates clinically meaningful reductions in Western Ontario and McMaster University Osteoarthritis Index (WOMAC) A scores from baseline for up to 6 months following a 2-injection treatment
Two injections of HYMOVIS demonstrated a higher degree of clinical improvement in WOMAC A score at day 180 compared with another 5-injection HA treatment regimen*
- Continued clinical improvement compared with another commercially available HA therapy
An excellent profile of safety and tolerability
- In a 6-month US clinical trial (N=800), HYMOVIS demonstrated a safety profile similar to that of phosphate-buffered saline1,5
- The incidence of arthralgia, the most commonly reported adverse event, was similar to saline1
- No HYMOVIS patients discontinued use due to adverse events after 6 months (n=400), and no serious adverse events or pseudoseptic reactions were reported
Long-lasting benefits for your patients with knee OA pain
Proven efficacy and safety in a 2-dose regimen
- Clinically meaningful reduction in WOMAC pain scores1
- 86% responder rate at 6 months*
- Excellent safety and tolerability in a non–cross-linked HA hydrogel
*From a multicenter open-label study in 49 patients treated with HYMOVIS6
Make HYMOVIS your choice for high-demand patients with osteoarthritis (OA) knee pain, especially those who are:
Proven efficacy and safety in a 2-dose regimen1
Minimal modification for a dramatic difference
Unique J-CODE: J7322
The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM) found, in a network meta-analysis, that HA injection was superior to steroid or placebo injection based on percentage of individuals with OA of the knee who achieved improvement in WOMAC scores
HYMOVIS® is indicated for the treatment of pain in osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative non-pharmacologic therapy or simple analgesics (e.g., acetaminophen).
Important Safety Information
HYMOVIS is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity (allergy) to hyaluronate preparations or gram-positive bacterial proteins. Do not administer HYMOVIS to patients with infections or skin diseases in the area of the injection site or joint. The safety and effectiveness of the use of HYMOVIS have not been tested in pregnant women, nursing mothers, or children. The safety and effectiveness of the use of HYMOVIS in joints other than the knee, or for use concomitantly with other intra-articular (IA) injections, have not been established. The effectiveness of repeat treatment cycles of HYMOVIS has not been established.
Arthralgia, transient pain, or swelling may occur after the IA injection. The incidence of arthralgia in the clinical study for HYMOVIS was equivalent to the control group. No serious adverse events or pseudoseptic reactions were reported. Transient increases in inflammation following any IA hyaluronan injection have been reported in some patients with inflammatory joint conditions.
See package insert for full prescribing information including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse events.